Sunday 26 March 2017

Sweet Peach Pallet Review

For a very long time I have loved Too Faced makeup. I don't have bundles of it because I simply can't afford to; but there is something about their eye shadow pallets that grabs me. It's worth every single penny. I purchased the chocolate pallet when I was 16. It was the first piece of higher end makeup I bought and I have used it regularly since. Considering the fact that I have used it that much, I can speak for the quality of these products because hardly any of it is gone. The pallet still looks fairly new and hardly used despite the fact I've used it more than any other pallet since I bought it 2 years ago. 


 So, when the Sweet Peach pallet was released last year, I desperately wanted it. I have never wanted anything more. I think I talked about it to every person I know, going on and on about how much I wanted it. When I left my job a few weeks ago, I decided to buy myself a little present with the last of my wages, so I ordered the pallet.

 I'm going to be honest here, getting it was a bit of a nightmare. The Too Faced website states free shipping. When you check out of the website, it says you're not paying anything for shipping. But then a week later I got an email with my shipping conformation saying that I was paying over £18 for shipping and a further £9 for tax. I was pretty confused so I tried to cancel my order but they said it was too late. It took several emails and complaints until I was refunded only £16. So when it says free shipping, apparently they can still take however much money they want and they don't seem to think that's unacceptable! 

 So it was a shame, my favourite brand let me down a little bit. I would say, if you're from the UK and ordering Too Faced makeup, order from a department store like Selfridges or Debenhams, not directly from their website. 

 The quality of this pallet made up for this ordeal a little though, I have to say.

 It smells like peaches. I'm not the biggest fan of artificial fruit scents so I don't love the smell of this pallet that much; but some people seem to really like it! The colours are absolutely stunning. I think this is the only pallet I own in which I would use every single colour. I have dabbled with the majority of the shades now and I have been able to create some really different looks. I have managed to create a soft, nude look which is my comfort eye makeup. But also, I have been able to create some really pretty, pink looks. I feel like a fairy princess using this pallet. It's perfect for the spring time, it goes really well with summery outfits. 


 As always, the pigmentation is incredible! Too Faced have mastered the pigmentation of eye shadows perfectly. That, in conjunction with how incredibly these blend just make their pallets the best value for money. It's totally worth the higher price. 

 I'm glad a bought the pallet. I'm already getting so much use out of it and it was worth the shipping nightmare. While it's put me off buying from Too Faced directly, I am definitely looking to expand my collection. I desperately want to try their new Natural Love Eye Shadow Collection but I can't quite justify £52 at the minute. 

 I received two free samples with my order which I haven't had chance to try out yet; I may do a second post in a few weeks reviewing those. Let me know if you've used the sweet peach pallet and what you thought of it. Also let me know what your favourite eye shadow pallets are in general because I am always looking for new pallets to try. Thanks for reading, see you here next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment