Sunday 19 March 2017

My Skin Care Routine

I am in no way a skin care expert. If I'm completely honest, I can be really lazy with my skin care and so recently I've been looking for products that are quick, easy to use and on a budget. I don't use any expensive face masks, I don't have pricey cleansers or anything like that and my skin is fairly clear on a weekly basis. I had one awful breakout last summer which really prompted me to take better care of my skin and I haven't really had any problems since. I thought I would share with you how I care for my skin and what products I love using. Also, if you have any products you can recommend to me to enhance my skin care routine then please feel free to leave them in the comments section and I will check them out! 



 Daily:
In the mornings I simply wash my face with warm water and a wash flannel. If my skin feels extra oily then I sometimes use a face wash but usually it's just water. I then moisturise the face using my Simply Pure hydrating serum. This stuff is amazing if you have combination skin like I do. My skin is oily in places but it also gets really dried out if I'm wearing foundation regularly so a lot of cream based moisturisers can be too heavy for my skin. I love this product so much. It absorbs instantly so I can use it and then immediately move onto my makeup. It's also cruelty free which is amazing. I'm trying to use/promote more cruelty free products because, in my opinion, animal testing is completely needless in this day and age! I didn't realise this when I purchased it so it was an extra bonus on top of how great the product is. 

 When it comes to removing makeup, I never use makeup wipes! I've heard terrible things about what they do to your skin. I have makeup wipes to remove eye makeup but I hardly ever use them. I prefer to take my makeup off with micellar water. At the minute, I'm using the Garnier micellar water for combination and sensitive skin. I actually prefer Simple's micellar water; however, this is a much bigger bottle for the same kind of price so it's much better value and more specific to skin types. I just use a few cotton wool pads and a generous amount of the water and my makeup is off in less than a minute. 

 I then like to wash my face thoroughly using the Garnier Pure active 3 in 1 Wash, Scrub & Face Mask. This is my holy grail skin care product. I actually don't know how I lived without it. In the evenings, I just use it as a quick face wash because my skin has already been cleansed with the Micellar water. This just leaves my skin feeling super soft and gives me a bit of confidence that all of my makeup is gone and my skin is clean. 




Weekly:
Once a week I use the same 3 in 1 wash but this time, I'll use it as a mask. I let the product dry on my face similar to how I would use a clay mask. Then I use the rough side of a bathing sponge to scrub the mask off after about 20 minutes. This really cleanses my skin and also works as an exfoliate because the products contains Pumice Volcanic Rock which is a natural exfoliant. 

 As far as I am aware, there is no cruelty free symbol on Garnier products; however, Simply Pure also do a really great face wash but it doesn't have the same natural ingredients and benefits as the Garnier one. It works as a temporary alternative. I'm on the lookout for a better cruelty free product; once I find one, I'll let you know! 

 Every other week I also use a black suction mask which is supposed to remove blackheads. I haven't seen massive results with this in terms of blackheads, but it does seem to remove dead skin and leave my face feeling really soft so I use it every now and again. It's not something I'll be repurchasing when I run out of it though so it's not a vital part of my skin care routine. 




 Body:
In terms of looking after the rest of my skin, I absolutely swear by Palmers coco-butter range. Not only is this brand also cruelty free but they're really good value in terms of the price and the quality of the product! I use their hand cream and body moisturiser as well as their fake tan moisturiser in the spring/summer time! 
 Palmers was also amazing for caring for my tattoo when that was healing so I've been using it religiously for months! It's such a great brand. 


Thanks for reading! See you next week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment