Thursday 13 August 2015

Back To School | Sixth Form Clothing Haul.

The very three words nobody wants to hear. It always comes around much sooner than we're ready for but this year I was very prepared. It's three weeks now until I begin my A Level courses at a new college and my friends begin sixth form at my old school, I went shopping last week as the last few weeks of my summer holiday are very busy and it was the only free time I had. I thought it would be a good idea to share with you the things that I brought to give you ideas on what kind of things you might want to wear to sixth form. 

 Seeing as I'm going to a college, there aren't any uniform rules and so I can really get away with wearing whatever I want. Consequently, some of the clothes I brought you may not be able to copy because of various regulations that you have to follow; however, this will hopefully give you an idea of what kind of clothes shops are selling and how to style them etc. As you can tell from this post, I am a big fan of khaki greens and midi dresses. One thing my college wardrobe is missing is a few comfy sweatshirts/jumpers but because of the time of year I couldn't get hold of any. Obviously this is a wardrobe I will be adding to throughout the next few months. 

 I decided to take a trip to the bullring in Birmingham for the day because, due to my awkward size, I don't really trust ordering online much because nothing ever fits, so I needed to try things on and the bullring is home to all of the clothing shops I love most. I checked out some higher end shops such as Top Shop and Miss Selfridge first because despite being more on the pricey side, they're some of the only shops to do a petite ranging stocking a size 4 which is my size. Usually I have to buy things in a size 6 and sew myself into them. 

 So firstly from Miss Selfridge I picked up this dress that I have had my eye on for a little while. Unsurprisingly it's in a khaki green shade and I loved the isometric cut out design. The only downside is one section reveals a little more of the bra area than is comfortable and so I had to invest in a khaki green bra as well to avoid any embarrassing incidents. This cost £25. I don't mind buying midi dresses from more expensive shops because a dress is like a whole outfit rather than partnering trousers and a top which can cost a lot more. Secondly from Miss Selfridge I picked up another midi dress. Every girl needs a little black dress in her wardrobe and so I fell in love with this one; again it reveals a lot of the bra area so I need to get a strapless bra to wear with this one. Again this was £25 from the petite section. 

 Afterwards I went into H&M. I absolutely love it in there because they have such a wide range of stuff and it is so reasonably priced. Firstly I fell in love with this Khaki Green shirt. I really wanted to find a loose shirt I could wear comfortably with black jeans so when I saw this it stole my heart as it is in my favourite fashion colour. It cost £14.99 and I think it's going to be one of my favourites. It has stunning lace detail at the back and is so comfortable. 



Next I spotted this little black skater skirt. I grabbed it in the smallest size but it's still too big for me around the waist but I can easily stitch it to fit properly. This one cost £12.99 and could easily be partnered with a simple T-Shirt or something a bit more fancy. 
 Another Khaki Green number I grabbed in H&M was this simple and comfortable skater dress for £12.99. It's made from the loveliest material. It feels such good quality and is so nice to wear. 


Lastly from H&M I picked up this lace top. Unfortunately it's see through and so I have to wear a white vest underneath. This would look a lot better with a pair of black jeans with the under vest tucked in so you cannot see it. This was also £12.99.

 H&M is a very good place to shop if you have a lower budget because I bought double the items for the same price that I paid in Miss Selfridge earlier on. 







I then popped into TopShop on the hunt for another pair of black jeans. I absolutely love wearing black jeans and I find that TopShop's sizes fit me better than anywhere else in terms of jeans so they seemed like my best bet. This pair of jeans came to £36.00. I also got the same orange T-Shirt from the petite section. It looked like a really comfortable material and would be lovely just for a casual, comfortable outfit so I picked it up for £14.00. It also styles well with the black skater skirt I got from H&M.



When I was 13 I loved shopping in Forever 21 but obviously I had a very low budget then so found it a bit expensive. I was pleasantly surprised when I popped in last Monday and found that the prices are actually a lot better than I remembered. The first item I fell in love with was a bit more on the pricey side but it was so pretty I couldn't resist. For £18 I bought this beautiful coral pink lace shirt with pretty flower detailing. I love it so much I can already tell it's going to be a favourite. It will look lovely with a pair of either black or white jeans.

 Next I picked up this lovely turtle neck jumper. It's quite thin but will be perfect for a colder day or just a comfy outfit if I don't feel like dressing up much. It was an absolute bargain at £8.



Lastly, I grabbed this lace Bardot for £9.50. Thankfully, this one isnt see through and could be partnered with jeans or my black skater skirt.







Finally, I popped into New Look due to having about 40 minutes to kill before the train home. I already knew I needed some warmer jumpers to add to my collection so when I spotted this I knew I needed to get it. It's this lovely comfy woolen cardigan. It has a black woven belt around the middle if you want to tie it up and it hangs really loosely. It is also Khaki Green which sold me! It came to £22.99 and was definitely worth queuing for 25 minutes because obviously when it's really busy you only need one cashier out of ten open.




Once I got home I had about £50 left from what I saved so I decided to have a browse on my favourite online fashion shop BooHoo.com just to see if anything caught my eye. The first thing I put in my basket was the Petite Darcy Printed BodyCon dress. I've had my eye on this for a while but never had a reason to buy it before. It's such a beautiful colour and design and was only £12.00.

I also loved the look of this Petite Melissa Gypsy Lace Sleeve dress which will be so cute during the first few weeks when it's still sunny and later on in the academic year when spring comes back around. This was also £12.00.





I also had to get this Camen Collared Bodycon dress simply because it has a collar and I love little dresses with collars. This is such a cute dress and was also £12.00.









 I also liked the look of this Petite Charlotte Slinky Cross Front Bralet; however, it comes up a lot higher on me than it did the model so I'm not sure if it's college appropriate but I love it all the same. It was only £8.




Congratulations if you made it to the end of this post. It's probably the longest I have ever written! I hope this has helped you somewhat if you're unsure of what to buy for school or college and good luck next week upon getting you results!

  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
    Tshirt

    ReplyDelete