Sunday 1 March 2015

February Favourites | Beauty Takeover!

Why hello there my beautiful chestnuts! 
 This month I have been obsessed with beauty more than anything else. I got my first Love Me Beauty box and splashed out on a few higher end products which did some damage! I'm having to save most of my money from now on for driving lessons and summer clothing as well as clothing and supplies for sixth form which is going to cost me a lot come the summer! So I made the most this month of buying some of the products of my beauty bucket list whilst I still could! Most of those products will be 'hauled' and reviewed in the next few weeks so I'll keep you posted.
 Seeing as this month has been very much beauty orientated, so is this months favourites posts. Just FYI, lots of you have been saying that I spell favourites wrong, I don't, it's spelled differently in the UK!

Firstly the cosmetics favourites:

One thing I have been loving this month is a the Bed Head shampoo and conditioner by TIGI for damaged hair. This products ticks all my boxes and I would gladly recommend it to anybody! Lets firstly comment on the scent. I kid you not, this product smells incredible. It actually smells like lemonade. It took me a while to put my finger on what the product smells like, suddenly I realized that it smells just like lemonade or sprite. Who doesn't want hair that smells like lemonade? 
 Not only does it smell incredible but it was such good value! I paid £18.50 for the shampoo and conditioner and I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the bottles. They are huge. The kind of bottle size that you would expect to see used in a salon. I know I wont be having to buy more of this for absolutely ages; moreover, it's even more efficient when you realise how little you have to use! I need significantly less of this product than I do any other shampoo or conditioner I've tried using. This clearly makes it even better quality for money so please do not feel put off by the price! 
 As for helping with my hair damage left over from my highlighting nightmare, (see previous posts) this has helped immensely to stop my hair feeling as dry. There is much more life in my hair and it feels so much softer than it was previously. Furthermore, the damage is hardly visible. However, I do find if I use the product alone without using Morrocan Oil on my hair also, the damage is much more visible but obviously, there is no such thing as miracles! If you suffer from damaged hair, this product along with Morrocan Oil is the perfect, dream combination. Thus why I photographed the two products together. 
 If damaged hair isn't an issue for you, there are many other versions of the Bed Head shampoo that you could try. There is a shampoo for regular hair and for coloured hair. I found the product from my favourite beauty vlogger/blogger Zoe Sugg (Zoella) and she uses the Bed Head for coloured hair which she says smells like toffee! It sounds amazing so myself and Zoe would recommend you try out one of these products! 

The next product I've been loving is an old favourite of mine. I've been obsessed with this for over a year now and seeing as this is my first favourites post I figured I had to include it. It will look quite boring but please keep reading because this is a magical product. It is by Chapstick and it's the medicated balm in a blue packaging. I find most chapsticks are more cosmetic based than lip health and my mum got this for me a year ago and I instantly fell in love with it. I am not exaggerating here at all but it can cure chapped lips in a couple of days. In the summer especially this was a must have product for me. This is slightly gross and I'm not proud of it, but a symptom of having an anxiety disorder is that you  chew the skin on your lips sometimes which can leave your lips dry, sore and looking unhealthy. This product has really helped me undo some of that damage. I have never been one to finish a chapstick. The one I photographed for this post is my third. I hope that speaks for how amazing it is. Please, please try this if you feel like you need a good chapstick! It doesn't look fancy but it is amazing and I picked this up for about £1.50. 
 It's quite tingly when you first put it on which I quite like because it shows that it is actually doing something! I put this on first thing in the morning after brushing my teeth and last thing before I go to bed as well as during the day if I feel I need it. It's one of those products that I fear my local supermarket will stop selling because I know I will need this everyday for the rest of my life! 

 This next product is an old favourite of mine that I have rediscovered my love for. It is the Maybelline 24 hour colour tattoo. I love Maybelline products. Their foundations are amazing, my favourite bronzer is by Maybelline but this is by far my favourite from that brand. It so long wearing and so easy to apply. The colours are stunning and I can't believe I only own one. I'm nearly running out so I feel myself going on a trip to boots and coming back with a fair few of these soon! 
 It works perfectly with my other eye shadows and is so easy to blend. You don't even have to blend it with other shadows if you don't want to. I've gotten into a habit of applying it, blending it out on its own and then just leaving it because it looks so stunning. It is also such a good base for applying liquid eyeliner which I like to do after my eye shadow. 
 It is a slightly strange consistency the first time you use it because it's fairly waxy rather than a powder. I use a BarryM brush to apply it but you can just slide it on with your finger tip. It sits so nicely on the skin and stays there all day. Despite being a 24 hour product, it is so easy to remove! It's such a comfortable product to wear so please give it a go if you haven't yet got an eye shadow you love! There are some stunning shades, I've got my heart set on a rose gold shade I've seen another YouTube vlogger wear!

Now onto my favourite Instagram accounts this month:

I am obsessed with instagram and follow all kinds of accounts. I actually have 2 favourite Instagram account this month so here we go: 


The first account I was obsessed with throughout February is @whichbeautyboxuk and I discovered it after getting my first Love Me Beauty box and following the LoveMeBeauty hashtag. This account is full of stunning pictures of beauty box products and recommendations of beauty boxes to try which has opened my eyes a lot. I will definitely be trying a couple of other boxes as well as the Love Me Beauty boxes. This girl's blog is incredible too. She does amazing reviews of each box and I am in awe of her blogging talent. Give her a follow on Instagram and follow her blog because she is amazing! 

 As you can see she reviews all kinds of products and tries several different beauty boxes so if you are interested in beauty it's a good blog and account to look at to get inspiration for new products to try!




    
The next instagram account I've been loving is one dedicated to the love of my life: Henna. 
 I've become so obsessed with doing henna that I now follow several Henna accounts but this is by far my favourite. The account is @HennaFeatures. The designs are so beautiful and I find them so inspirational in terms of getting design ideas. If you enjoy doing henna or looking at henna this is a great account for you to follow because it's traditional as well as unique and the designs are so stunning. 

 As you can see from the screen shot, there are designs for the legs, hands and wrists as well as feet etc. You can really find inspiration here for any kind of design you want to do!
 It's a really stunning account. 





Finally: My music favourite this month has been Orla Gartlands Lonely People EP. I went to see Orla in Birmingham last week and I'm going to write a single blog post about it soon. 
 You can buy the EP on Itunes as well as her original EP Roots. She has such a unique voice and songwriting ability so please check it out. The EP's cost a couple of pounds each so there's no reason why you can't support this girl. She's so talented and so lovely! 

 And so that is my February Favourites post! Coming up in March are a few posts I'm already planning as well as a few surprises that might erupt from my brain at any point. I've already been looking at this months Love Me Beauty collection and it looks amazing so I will definitely be ordering another box this month so you can be expecting a haul post and a reviews/makeup looks post in the next couple of weeks. I am also going to write a diary post about when I went to see Orla as well as maybe writing a quick post on some revision tips for my fellow students revising for exams! 
 Have a good day, love Chloe x. 

No comments:

Post a Comment