Monday 11 September 2017

University Stationary Haul

I always go overboard with stationary this time of year. I didn't have the budget for that this year and so I have limited myself to the bare basics of what I will need based on the advice off of experience YouTubers etc. I am sure that over the first semester I will invest in many more folders etc. but this is the bare minimum I will be carrying around during my first week of lectures. 

 I am studying joint honours and so I invested in two separate subject divided notebooks; one for English Literature and one for Creative Writing. I also picked up one A5 notebook to write notes in during lectures. I felt this would be easier than carrying around big folders like I was doing all throughout my A Levels. My plan is to then write/type up my notes in neat later to revise from. 

 I also picked up one folder to keep any handouts or documents I may be given neat which I plan to keep at home to revise from. 





 All of this was purchased from WHSmiths along with this set of highlighters which I have found crucial during my years of doing GCSEs and A Levels. WHSmiths tends to always have deals and offers on their stationary. This was the case with the set of Pukka Pads I purchased as well as their 3 for 2 offers on much of their stationary. 

 I picked up this lovely water bottle. I have always tended to refill plastic bottles which can get pretty messy if they leak in a bag and so I thought this screw top bottle would limit the chances of that happening (hopefully.) 

 I also picked up a pot of pushpins due to an offer. In my room at university I will have a cork board on the wall which I plan on decorating with fairy lights and photographs. I thought these would come in handy for putting that together as a way of cosying up my bedroom. 

 In ASDA, I picked up this set for £6. I wasn't a huge fan of the colour of it but it seemed like a cheap way of getting desk organisers. It contains a magazine rack, pen pot, letter rack, A4 paper tray and memo block holder. While I don't much like the look of it, I figured I can use it temporarily and then replace the pieces I use with nicer ones when I have a little more money. The paper tray and memo block holder, I doubt I will use for instance, so I can use much of it temporarily and replace as and when I can. 


A few weeks ago I purchased this pencil case from New Look for under £5. It seems to dupe a Ted Baker design of a bow on the front. I grabbed this because it matches a bag I have had my eye on for a little while that could be a potential birthday present but theres never any harm in having a pretty pencil case. 


 That is pretty much it for my university haul because I have several refill pads left over from A Levels. There are still a few things I need to get but I think at this stage, it is best to keep things simple because your money can be used for more important things such as food! 

 I hope you have found this useful or interesting. Please feel free to comment if you think there is anything I have forgotten or may find useful! 

 I will be doing a Vital University Supplies Haul in the next week which I hope you will find useful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment