Sunday 23 April 2017

ASDA Homeware Haul

As you are all aware from my recently random blogging schedule, I have moved house! I was super excited to move. Not only at the prospect of finally having my own bedroom after 18 years of trying but at the necessity of going shopping. I have always loved homeware shopping despite not having my own home or corner of a home to shop for. So I have really enjoyed being able to shop around for little bits and pieces to make my bedroom mine. 

 I did an online ASDA shop because I wanted a wicker laundry basket for my room and to get the free store collection delivery option, I obviously had to buy a few extra bits. Unfortunately, they did screw my order up a little bit and they sent me a storage basket instead of the laundry basket so I still don't actually have the item I needed in the first place. After a lot of hassle they refunded me though so no harm done. 


 The first few things I bought in store on a separate occasion which included my bedding. This beautiful set was around the £15 mark and I just fell in love with it and managed to find a beautiful scatter cushion to match. I have a strange addiction to scatter cushions and this definitely isn't the only one in my collection, it is my new favourite though. Out of the bedding sets I bought (from elsewhere) this is my favourite, it's so pretty! 

 I also picked up, on the same trip, these two scented candles. One thing I didn't really like when going to the new house was that is smelled of other people. It sounds weird, I know. But every family has their smell and our house smelled of other people's smell. So I decided scented candles would be a good idea but your standard Yankee candle is so expensive that I just couldn't justify it having recently left my job to move. I found these awesome scented candles for only £1 each! They smell like your favourite sweet treats and there are some amazing ones in the collection so I may have to pick up a few more. I like to burn scented candles when I'm revising so that I can recall things from remembering the smell. So I see this splurge as an investment rather than spending money on making my room smell like toffee popcorn. 

 I also picked up this cute fake flower in a glass jar which I thought would look so pretty either on my work desk or my dressing table. The candle next to it was also bought on the same day from the candle section, it's not scented so I don't know if I'll burn it much but it had a C on it so I thought it would look cute on a shelf.

 When shopping online for my washing basket that I will never have (sad face,) I decided to treat myself to a few things to make my room feel more homely. I am planning on having a proper makeup station but I need to find a good dressing table before I can put it all together. I bought this small copper vase to keep my makeup brushes in because they're currently lose in my makeup bag and it's a nightmare! I also bought a small copper bin to match. My room is mainly white so I thought a nice splurge of colour would work well. I love copper so I'll definitely end up with more copper accessories to tie it all together. 

 I also decided to buy myself some nice mugs to keep in my room for when I have my morning coffee whilst doing my makeup. I have a strange obsession with mugs and I could tell my mum didn't really understand why I'd bought some when we have plenty downstairs. I guess I just wanted some that were mine. I find when you buy a mug or buy a mug for somebody, you pick ones that match their personality and when I saw these, I knew I needed them in my life because they were just so me!













So thats my little homeware haul and I'm sure there will be plenty more to come. 

Once everything is put together I will do a little room tour for you guys either on my blog or on my YouTube channel if it's set up by then! Thanks for reading, see you next week! 

1 comment: