Sunday 15 January 2017

Bourjois Pallet Les Nudes

Over the last year I have tried to be more adventurous when it comes to choosing makeup. I had always stuck to the cheaper brands, splashing out occasionally on a fancy pallet or mascara. I fell in love with the Bourjois liquid satin lipsticks last winter and have been desperate to try more of their products since. I was stocking up on powder when I came across this little pallet. It juxtaposes everything I would usually go for in a nudes pallet; but it was so cute and compact and the colours looked so gorgeous that I couldn't resist. 

 You can get hold of this little jem for £11.99 at Boots. The first thing I have to point out about it is it isn't really what I would call a nudes pallet despite the name. It's more pastel colours from the look of the pallet. However, they are really well pigmented so you don't have to apply too much and worry that it looks too bright. It's a really lovely pallet to wake your eyes up a little in the winter. Eye shadow pallets are my weakness and I usually stick to golds and browns. That tends to be what I look for in a pallet so using this one has been a little different for me. I wear a lot of khaki and so the pale turquoise shade has been used a lot! I also absolutely love the rose gold shade. 



 I have already mentioned the pigmentation which is one of the best I have found in a drugstore pallet. In fact, it almost feels like a cream eye shadow when I apply it which I love! The colours blend beautifully. The glittery colours do transfer a lot of glitter to your face when applying which I often find with Bourjois glitter eye shadows; I don't mind this too much but I understand some people wouldn't like that at all. That's the only real issue with this product. The eye shadow wears really well. I never reapply eye shadow throughout the day and when wearing this, I can still tell its there when I go to take off my makeup in the evening. 

 The actual packaging of this product was really intriguing for me as well. It's very small and compact, perfect to fit into a handbag, small makeup bag or overnight bag. Also, the lid can twist so that the mirror faces different angles which is actually really useful when blending. I always use my eco-tools brushes to apply and blend eye shadow so I haven't tested the applicator provided. 

 Overall, I am loving this product! It's definitely worth the price and it's fun if you're not used to wearing brighter colours on your eyes. I can't wait to try more Bourjois eye shadows now! 

 Let me know in the comment section what your favourite pallets are so I can give them a try. See you back here next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment