Thursday 17 December 2015

A Comfy, Cosy Christmas | The First Ever Look Book By Chloe Hanks

As a snuggle down in a big jumper with a blanket and a gingerbread latte, I find myself wondering why I haven't ever done one of these before. I have put it down to simply not having the time or motivation but thanks to my fantastic friends for taking seemingly endless trips down to the Stratford Upon Avon riverside to take pictures of me in various outfits, this has become possible. December is the birthday month for this blog. I posted my first post on this blog almost a year ago to the day I am writing this. My plan is to put it live on my blog's first birthday and so by the time you're reading this, my blog will be one year old! The theme of my first ever look book is winter. These outfits are outfits I wear to college and therefore outfits that I feel comfortable in even in the cold weather. Hopefully this can give you some ideas as to what you can wear fashionably in winter as well as being warm and comfortable. Most of the items are from my Black Friday New Look order but some of the items worn in conjunction are from elsewhere so I will let you know where each piece can be found, or else something similar. 

 We start with a simple duo: a camel coloured turtleneck (£19.99) partnered with a black skater skirt. The top is so beautiful and it has metallic thread running through the woven fabric which makes it look really festive for the Christmas season but appropriate for other times of year as well. This particular skirt was brought at H&M last summer (Back To School Haul) and so I'm not sure if the exact same one is still available; however, this item is very similar. I absolutely love this look. The lightly coloured top really compliments any brighter lip colour you might wear and it's such a simple outfit that you can show off with cute accessories. The lip colour I am wearing is by Soap & Glory and the bow in my hair was from accessorize about 2 years ago. Similar products can be found here

I love being able to put together a cute, simple outfit without having to spend lots of money. I've worn this twice since I brought it on Black Friday and I've received so many compliments. It's just a simple, grey swing dress (£14.99) but it's made from quite thick fabric and so, partnered with black tights, it does keep me really warm! Again, it's quite a simple colour and so you can be more adventurous with accessories and lip colour. I wore this whilst playing a gig at a Christmas market. It's not only extremely comfortable but it really wears well and is a sturdy fabric that doesn't get caught in the wind too much. 




  This outfit is similar to the first one but I think I prefer this one. It's a charcoal grey turtleneck (£8.99) which I was worried would look too dark with the black skirt but I absolutely love this look. The top is the most comfortable thing I've ever worn, it's so warm but isn't too thick and I find the darker colours really hug my body shape. It looks so cute with these khaki green pumps and and white bow! I'm wearing a redder shade of lipstick with this outfit but it's another soap and glory one! Soap and Glory lipsticks last really well in the colder weather and have a matte finish which look so lovely with blacks and greys. 




 This Khaki jumper was such a great find! I paid £7.99 for it and I absolutely love it! Khaki green is a key feature in my wardrobe, most of my favourite items are khaki as most of you know. It's the perfect colour to wear in autumn/winter time. This item is perfect for those days where you want to wear a more casual, baggy outfit and partners really well with a pair of black jeans. The jeans I'm wearing here are from topshop. I have to get jeans from more expensive shops so I can get sizes that will fit me; if you want to find cheaper ones look here.  


Finally, it's important to wrap up warm in the winter. Going to and from the riverside to take these pictures I wore the same coat and scarf combination over the top of every outfit you see here. A lot of beauty bloggers and fashion experts keep lots of different coats and jackets to go with every outfit. As a small scale blogger, I am painfully aware that realistically this isn't practical for people who don't make hundreds of pounds off of single blog posts and videos. Therefore, this is a simple coat and scarf combination that, I find, go with every outfit! Of course, the coat is Khaki green which is my favourite colour because it does just go so well with everything! However, I got it for Christmas last year and so this exact coat probably isn't available anymore. This one is very similar. The scarf is from New Look. (£9.99)

I've never done a look book before and so I've kind of been guessing as to what you're supposed to do - it's mostly pictures. I really hope you've enjoyed this and I hope you're as excited as I am about my blog turning one year old! I just want to say thank you all for reading these posts whether you've been here since last December or if this is the first post from me you've read! If you want to follow me then you can by clicking the button below to follow me on Google+. Happy New Year and I hope you had a lovely Christmas. 






No comments:

Post a Comment