Wednesday 8 July 2015

June Favourites

I feel as though I haven't blogged for absolutely ages. I also feel like my recent posts have been very heavy so I've taken some time out to just take a breath for a second. (Or a few weeks.) There's so much going on in my life at the moment that I cannot comfortably blog about which I'm sure you've gathered from my posts prior to this one so I have tried to plan a few blog posts that aren't as thoughtful because I simply have too much to think about! 

 I haven't done a favourites since February and so there are lots of products I want to talk about so lets get right to it. 

 The first item I have been loving has been talked about a lot by beauty gurus and bloggers/vloggers since it came out and that is the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. YouTubers such as Zoella and VelvetGhost have praised this product and I have to agree with their comments. It's one of the best 'drugstore' mascaras I have ever used. I struggle with my eyelashes a lot because they just don't like to curl. This mascara not only makes them seem longer and fuller but it just gives so much more shape and volume. I actually would go so far as to say I prefer this mascara to my Urban Decay one which was much more expensive. I have recommended this little product to so many people and have heard nothing but good comments so do try it for yourself! 


 The next product I have adored is a high end product so a little bit more pricey and it is the Too Faced Chocolate Bar eye shadow Pallet. I paid around the £37 mark for this, I don't remember exactly. All I can tell you is it is worth every single penny. The colours are beautiful and so nicely pigmented. They compliment each other so well; any combination I have tried has worked beautifully! Blending really well, the product is easy to use and is really long lasting. What more could you ask for in a pallet? Don't be put off by the price. 
 I have photographed the 2 colours I use the most as an all over lid colour and those are: Marzipan and Creme Brulee. I use the other colours for blending and just adding tone. 
 Clearly the whole pallet is themed around chocolate as you can see by the packaging and names of the products. I have talked about the scent of the product previously in a haul post but if you haven't seen that post: the pallet smells authentically of chocolate. It's amazing. I have also been using the Champagne Truffle shade in conjunction with my eyebrow powder to highlight the brow bone when shading my eyebrows. The colours are stunning and really go above and beyond any expectations of eye shadows. 

 To follow on from that, it seems fitting to go on and talk to you about my new found love of eyebrow shading. This is a product that my mum gave to me after not really bothering with it much. It's by Beautiful Brows.
 I have to say, I used to hate the idea of putting makeup on my eyebrows. I've seen such crimes to makeup walking around with eyebrows that take up their whole forehead that I saw eyebrow shading as very fake and hard to do well. This product is so easy to use it makes me wonder how some people can go so wrong with eyebrow shading. It comes with a dark powder for the brows and a highlighter. I must confess that I haven't used the highlighter at all because it's a very orangey shade and I much prefer using lighter eye shadows to highlight the brow bone with.
  The brush that comes with the pallet is a very tightly bristled brush that can easily cover the brow without the powder going everywhere which is really effective in getting a natural look. You don't need to use much of the powder either; a light tap with the brush on the powder is enough to fill the whole brow without giving you a fake look. Thus, the product is very efficient because you don't need to use much of it and it's very long lasting! It's revolutionized my makeup routine.

Moving away from makeup over to skin care, here is a product that has been a favourite of mine for years. It's the Dove Summer Glow moisturizer. I'm unsure as to whether I've talked about this product on my blog before or not but I adore it. It's totally fool proof and I've been using it since I was about 13. It works all over the body. It makes your skin look and feel so healthy and doesn't give you that horrid orange tone that fake tans often do. One thing I have been loving about this product recently is how helpful it's been to me when I've been dealing with sunburn. I got very sunburned a week before my prom and this product aided me to coercing that burn into a tan much swifter than if I had left it for time to deal with. I just absolutely love the results you get from this product! 

 Another skin care product I've been loving is this Coco Body Butter from Boots. It isn't a brand product but it works wonders. It's especially good to use on legs after shaving. I've been loving it recently for similar reasons for the Dove Summer Glow - It works miracles on sunburn. My skin tends to peel when it gets burnt and this product has helped sooth it much quicker leaving me peel free! It smells incredible and is affordable so give it a try if you have similar problems. 

  

My final favourite is an entertainment favourite, my favourite TV show of all time: Nashville. I recently re watched all of the first 2 seasons for the 3rd time so that i'm ready for the 3rd season that should come out sometime very soon. I was unaware that it airs in the UK so I've missed the first half of season 3 and cannot find it anywhere to catch up which means I'm stuck waiting for the DVD; however, I'm excited and it's such a great show so if you haven't watched it you should. If you love music, you'll love Nashville. 
Thanks for reading. Keep your eyes open for some cool posts coming your way soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment