Saturday 18 April 2015

Spring Clothing Haul

I decided upon doing a much more lighthearted post this week that would be a little bit more fun and easy to read. I have recently done some online shopping which was a bit of a roller coaster. Being such an awkward size makes buying clothes very difficult because even small UK sizes are huge. I found myself spending a little bit more money than I usually would just to order from shops that feature petite ranges because at least then the clothes would fit properly. 

 A couple of months ago a ordered from Boohoo. I've always loved Boohoo because they feature pretty much every style and size you could possibly need; however, this time I was really disappointed. I usually buy clothes in a size 6 unless the shop stocks a size 4, in most cases its very rare for a shop to stock size 4 so my clothes are always a little baggy. I have this one pair of jeans that were a hand me down from my older sister and they are the most comfortable thing I own. They're from Boohoo. So I figured if I was to order more jeans in the smallest size Boohoo stock then they would be bound to fit me really well. I was wrong. A pair of what were supposed to be super skinny fit jeans in fact looked like this: ->
I wasn't too happy. So I sent most of my order back and received a refund after about 2 weeks. The only item I kept from this order was this really lovely dress. It is a bit too baggy but it fits and I figure it could last next summer too. It will be great for those hot summer days when you want a nice, light fabric that wont cling to you. I paid £8 for this which is a bargain. Despite the sizing issue, Boohoo is fantastic when it comes to prices. As shown by the image, it comes just above the knee and isn't too tight fitted but it's comfortable and looks elegant. Perfect to wear over a bikini on the beach this summer or just a classic outfit to keep you cool when the weather gets warmer. All was not lost. 

 After having to send the rest of the items back and wait for my refund, I decided to wait a few more weeks to let my wages build up and to consider shopping at some more expensive shops. I've always been put off Top Shop because their prices are so high and I could never afford more than a few things at a time. I'm not very patient with saving money so I've just never had the budget for them. However, having spent less money for clothes that didn't fit, I was looking for a shop that had a half decent petite section for me to shop in and I didn't really mind spending a little bit more for some clothes that would actually fit comfortably.

 When looking at the Top Shop online store, I already had an idea of the kind of clothing I needed. I was desperately lacking jeans that fit me well and so I decided to chose some nice jeans first. The jeans from Top Shop cost about £40 a pair and so I wasn't going to be buying many! But I really wanted some plain white jeans and so I fell for this pair with a subtle rip just across the knee.
 These are the smallest size they stock. They fit perfectly and comfortably and I can tell that they will go with so many of my tops so I'm glad I decided to spend a little bit more. I always have been wary of white jeans because they can sometimes be a little bit transparent but these aren't. These are a really good buy and Top Shop also stock some similar but with more or less rips in them so go and check them out if you're feeling adventurous!

Now, I'm a bit of a sucker for a midi dress when I see one. I think they're so comfortable and complimentary to wear. Black and White stripes are really in this spring so I really fell in love with this dress! It cost about £22 and I absolutely love it. I find dresses like these perfect to wear at gigs or just for a casual trip out. It's made of such a comfortable fabric and you can tell it's good quality! I can't wait to wear this. I think the black and white stripe look will look stunning with a simple makeup look and red lipstick



The next thing that caught my eye was this stunning white cropped T Shirt with black flower detailing. It looks gorgeous with my black jeans. Again, it's such a comfortable item to wear in the summer because it doesn't cling to your skin or smother you too much. It's such a simple design and was well worth £22. It gives the perfect finish to a casual day time look.
 Again, it is true to size and would look perfect on all different body types and figures. I cannot wait to show this little piece off!



The final item I bought from Top Shop is this simple but cute little crop top with black and white stripe detailing. As previously mentioned, the black and white stripes are very fashionable this season so I can't wait to wear this. Perfect for going out or even just to show off a tan. I love items like this because they go with almost anything be it a little skater skirt or jeans. I think I paid about £12 for this. The fabric it's made from is lovely. It's strong but is soft on your skin and again feels like it's good quality!






I then decided to have a look on the Miss Selfridge online store to see if there was anything that caught my eye. I had liked the look of a khaki green strappy top from Top Shop but they typically didn't have it in my size. I found this top in a similar colour but different style and fell equally in love with it. It's beautiful. It's the nicest design and goes with both black and white jeans. The straps are slightly too long but I can easily stitch them so it hangs comfortably. It is a crop top when it's put on which I didn't realise but it still looks lovely and I'm really happy with it! I again think this was about £22.



The last item I got was a pair of black ripped jeans. Jeans from Miss Selfridge also cost about £40 a pair. I love these so much! They're so comfortable and complimenting when you wear them. The rips fall just below the knee and are really subtle. They go with pretty much anything and complete the perfect outfit for going out.

 These are also in the smallest size that Miss Selfridge stock (in the petite section) and fit me so perfectly around the waist which is a miracle as I usually have to take in my jeans so they stay up!


I hope this helped you if you're like me and struggle to find clothing that fits! I would advise anyone to try spending a little more when you go clothes shopping as you will find the more you spend, the better the product in terms of description and living up to expectations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment