Sunday 8 February 2015

Urban Decay Product Reviews | Eyes.

Hello readers!

 Lately I've been trying to upgrade my makeup collection by just adding a few 'higher end' products. I've always obsessed over Urban Decay products but could just never justify the price! However, I've become much better at saving my money and so I've invested into a few products. 

 I've lusted endlessly over the Naked pallets for years but I could never justify paying nearly £50 for eye shadow! Moreover, I was thrilled when I discovered the Naked 'Basics' Pallet! It's basically the Naked pallet just with half the colours and half the price! This was the perfect pallet for me because it meant I could introduce myself to the product and see how I liked working with the Urban Decay eye shadows before committing to a more expensive pallet. The colours are absolutely beautiful, my favourite being 'Walk Of Shame' because of the glittery undertones. The colours blend together so beautifully and give the perfect neutral look which I love. I'm beginning to try to plan my makeup look for my prom in the summer and I think I will definitely be whipping this pallet out for that evening! 
 My only complaint about this pallet is that I feel it's missing a glittery gold shade. This may just be because that's my comfort colour when it comes to eye shadows. I love having a gold lid and then blending out with subtler colours below my brow bone and darker colours in my crease. This pallet is perfect for the blending out part but I'm finding myself reaching for my '24 hour colour tatoo' in a gorgeous golden brown for lids. However, I feel this is just the consequence of going for the cheaper version and I know in the full Naked Pallet there are plenty of shades that could do the job perfectly so I will definitely upgrade to the full size pallet as soon as I can afford it! 



 The next product I invested in was the 'Urban Decay: Lush Lash System.' I was recommended to try an Urban Decay lash growth serum to make my eye lashes look fuller and longer. I think I may have brought the wrong thing though because it was explained to be something you put on before your mascara. This product goes on in the evenings and consists of a serum at one end that you put on as if an eyeliner along your lash lines. The alternative end contains a conditioner that you put on like mascara. The product is good! It makes my lashes feel much better and consequently my mascara goes on much smoother. I have noticed my lashes look longer but not as long as I expected. It's not a remarkable change that people are noticing and commenting on and for nearly £40 I expected miracles! Don't get me wrong, it does what its supposed to just not to the extent that they claim. I will continue to use this but I don't think I'll be buying it again when it runs out unless I see dramatic results. (if I do, I will inform you!) 

Coming soon on my blog: Bed Hair - Damaged Hair Shampoo Review.

Hope you found this post beneficial - go grab yourself a Naked Basics pallet! You wont regret it.
Goodnight, Chloe x. 

No comments:

Post a Comment