Saturday 21 February 2015

February Love Me Beauty Box | Reviews & Make Up Looks.

Welcome to the weekend! I've been on half term from school this week and have given myself a break from studying; therefore, I have given myself a lot of time to experiment and test this months Love Me Beauty products. 

 I'll review each product and then show you the makeup looks I created with the 2 makeup items. I will also give you reference to the other products I used that I think worked well with the items I chose. 

Reviews

 Malin & Goetz Grapefruit Facial Cleanser:

I am quite literally in love with this product! Starting with the fragrance; this product smells incredible! I've tried quite a few facial cleansers and never really been amazed by what they do, after all, they simply clean your skin. The authentic grapefruit scent is so accurate and I think this is what I like most about the product. It doesn't smell artificial at all. Furthermore, my skin feels so much cleaner and fresher since I have been using this. I have noticed myself getting a fair few spots since using it, however, I am confident that this is a good thing because it means the product is drawing all the oils and bacteria out of my skin which is what some, if not most, spots consist of. My skin feels much softer also. I've been using this morning and evening to ensure that I put makeup onto a clean face and also that I don't go to sleep with any makeup still on. The product is absolutely amazing and I will definitely be buying a full sized bottle when I run out of this sample sized one. Please do try this out, you won't regret it!


Malin & Goetz B5 Moisturizer:



Another magnificent product that is a must have. I've always thought that a moisturizer is a moisturizer and I've really struggled to see how any one brand could do it better than others. They do what they say on the bottle. This product has revolutionized my view on moisturizers. I've been using this product mainly on my body but also on my face in the evenings. I noticed how great this product was, however, after using on my legs post shaving. I shave because I'm kind of afraid to try waxing even though it's better for your skin, having said that, it does make the skin on my legs really 
dry. When using the B5 moisturizer I really found less is more. You really don't need a lot of this because somehow the incredible people that created it made it really efficient. By this I mean that a tiny, 5p sized amount spread over my hole lower leg so effortlessly AND made a huge impact on how soft my legs felt. I don't think I will ever be this amazed by a moisturizer again. The results were so beneficial and I would honestly urge you all to use this product! If dry skin is something you suffer with, this product is the miracle you need! Again, I will definitely be buying a full sized bottle of this! 

Mirabella Pink Lip Gloss:

As I mentioned In my introduction to Love Me Beauty, I've always been nervous to wear lip gloss. This one was no exception, especially when it arrived to be a very light colour. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I applied the product. It tastes very slightly of peppermint. I don't usually like the taste of mint but in a lip gloss its quite nice because it feels fresh on your lips. It doesn't at all feel slimy which I sometimes find and dislike. The colour also really compliments my skin and it isn't sticky like most glosses. However, I didn't wear it outside which would have answered my worry that my hair would get stuck in it. Consequently, come summer I will be testing this product out a lot to see how comfortable it is to wear outside. So far, I'm very impressed by this and it has changed my view on lip glosses. Let me know of your favourite glosses in the comments so that I can try out some more! 
 I also love the packaging this gloss is in. The tube has a silver cap that it smooth and then an almost paneled metal section to the tube which looks really good! It's a nice looking product to whip out of your hand bag and apply. 

Mirabella Red Lipstick:

As mentioned in previous posts (and song lyrics) I absolutely love red lipstick. I think it looks really sophisticated to wear and, if worn well, can really bring out someones skin tone and eyes. This lipstick didn't disappoint. As I stated in my previous Love Me Beauty post, I am looking for a product to replace my love for the Rimmel London, Kate Moss 107 shade because it dries my lips out too much. This lipstick is a completely different kind of red than what it showed on the website which is quite disappointing so it hasn't ended my search; however, the product itself didn't at all disappoint. It was much softer to wear that the Kate Moss lipsticks and much less waxy. Also the shade wasn't as pretty as the rimmel one; none the less, it looks so good when contrasted with my skin tone which is why I like wearing reds. Also it was so easy to apply and didn't smudge onto my skin at all. However, this is the minimal you would expect from a lipstick and so it hasn't done anything remarkable, only succeeded where other brands have failed. I will definitely be wearing this lipstick A LOT in the future. 

Make Up Looks

Mirabella Pink Lip Gloss:

I thought a pink lip gloss would look nice on warmer skin. So I did my foundation using the Rimmel London Match Perfection. I then used my bronzer on my cheeks which is the Maybelline Dream Sun bronzer. This added warmth to my skin. On my eyes I used my Naked Basics Pallet that I reviewed a few posts ago. I again used warmer, gold shades and I used a glittery gold Maybelline colour tattoo on my lid. I use the Naked Pallet to blend out. I then curled my eyelashes and applied my Mac Mascara. Finally I added the lip gloss. As you can see, it sits quite comfortably with warmer looking skin and basic eye makeup. It gives a really simple look that would be very cute for school or work. It took very little effort or time. 

 






Mirabella Red Lipstick:

My makeup look for this product was similar to the one before. However, this time I added a light brush of blusher to my cheeks - I used the Nars Orgasm blusher shade. I also used a slightly darker shade on my Naked Pallet when blending which I worked into my crease to create a more dramatic look. I think when wearing red lipstick you have to go big or go home. Having dramatic eye makeup really compliments the look that red lipstick inevitably gives. As a result, I also used a winged eyeliner for this look. I use the Soap & Glory Super Cat pen to do this. This makes the look complete. I then applied the lipstick in 2 layers. I did the first layer and then used tissue to blot it and avoid the colour fading. I then applied another layer which seals the colour. 


I hope you enjoyed this post and have found it useful. I have been contemplating doing an everyday eye makeup tutorial as a lot of people have been asking me how I do my eye makeup. Let me know in the comments if that's something you'd like to see. I may order another Love Me Beauty box next month, if not I definitely will in April so you can expect another Haul & Review in the next month or so! Have a lovely weekend. 
 You can expect in the next few days I review of a brilliant shampoo I've been using and a fantastic lip balm I love. Either that or I'll do a February favourites post! As well as any thoughts I may have. 

Take care, love Chloe x. 

No comments:

Post a Comment