Saturday 27 December 2014

Hello My Lovely

I've tried this whole blogging thing before. 
 I tried to keep my blog anonymous but I found that to be a lot more effort than you would think and that's just not what I wanted this to be about. You see, writing has always been my first love and to go about it pretending to be someone I'm not just felt wrong; sadly that is where my first blog ended up. I found myself caught up in writing about issues that no longer affected me in order to keep people interested; as a result, my brain got caught up in things that I had long moved on from. I abandoned that blog after very few posts and decided to take a break... That break lasted a while. However, I am back and cannot wait to start a new, honest blog about who I really am and what I really love. Just a few things to begin with:
1. I'm not planning on promoting this blog too much on social media. This is because I want it to be a way of new people getting to know me; this may be: People who enjoy my music, people who enjoy the way I write or just people who find this blog by accident. Furthermore, I will only really talk about this blog anywhere else online to simply announce when I have written new posts. 
2. If by any chance you want to receive those updates feel free to follow me on: Instagram (ChloeHanks23) or Twitter (TheOneWho_Sings)
3. I will be promoting my music on this blog as it is the most important thing to me. 
4. My main goal with this is to improve my writing skills and to document important things in my life, as well as being a creative outlet.
5. This is a way for me to let out thoughts and feelings. Keeping diaries never really worked for me but writing songs has and I was keen to see if blogging would have the same impact. 
6. I was told by a college interviewer that keeping a blog may be a good idea for me as I am hoping to begin to study Creative Writing at A Level in September after taking my GCSE exams in the summer.

I am going to try to keep this whole thing fairly lighthearted and easy to read because I want you all to enjoy reading my blog. 

I will write about things that interest me: this may be very varied. I enjoy music, beauty and writing as well as photography, art and all things creative. I'm not much of an artist myself but I love looking at art. 
 For me this isn't ever going to be about how many people comment on my posts or even follow my blog; it's just a way for me to let thoughts and ideas out of my brain. 

 Do you ever feel like there is just too much stuff going round in your head? Whilst trying to juggle school and homework and lyric ideas and friendships and all that stuff I often feel like I've let really important thoughts fall out of my head. I've thought of many ways to overcome this: keeping a notebook and writing everything down or writing them in the notes section on my phone. Both of these things are things I've struggled to commit too. I thought if I started a blog without giving it a clear theme, I may be able to organise my thoughts a little better because I could literally write about whatever I wanted to. So by combining all of those strategies and writing thoughts down on paper and then blogging about them, I can make sense of what goes on in my brain and you can all get to know where my lyrics come from, what my likes and dislikes are and just who I am as a person. It might even help me get to understand who I am as a person. 

 I understand that as a first blog post this is very unorganised and scattered in terms of a theme and purpose. This is simply because I want to introduce you to what this blog may be about and why I wanted to start writing it. I will put much more planning into my future posts and make them much more structured for you to enjoy. I am currently writing this post in bed whilst suffering from a horrible flu virus that I had the pleasure of being infected with right as Christmas began; it is also 22:54 and I'm feeling very drowsy. These are my excuses for lack of coherence in this introductory piece, take them as you will. 

I'm not going to commit to any particular schedule in terms of when I will blog and what a will blog about, these posts will simply come as and when they flow from my head. I hope you enjoy reading this blog and I'm sure I will enjoy writing it. Please do not hesitate to follow me if you want to follow my journey. Goodnight.

Chloe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment