Sunday 11 June 2017

Books I'm Saving for the Summer

I'm in the thick of it with my A Level exams right now. I've taken a break from Angevin History revision to write a little post about the books I'm saving for when this is all over. My history teacher told us all that it helps to have little rewards planned for when exams are done to get you through revision. I've planned little days out, a shopping trip but most importantly, a great Summer reading list!

 Most of these I either got for Christmas or have bought over the last 6 months specifically for the summer. I'm hoping for some lovely weather so that I can just relax in my garden with a book and some iced coffee. I hope this inspires you to do some reading over the summer; if you've got your own summer reading list, I'd love to know what you've picked out! Let me know in the comments what you're excited to read over the next few months. 



 The first book on my list is Caraval by Stephanie Garber. 

I absolutely adored The Night Circus when I read it just before Christmas and I've been searching for similar books ever since. I've really rekindled my love for fantasy fiction over recent months and so when this came out, I knew it was one to save for Summer when I'd have nothing else to think about! I found this copy in Tesco and managed to grab it for only £5 which I was so excited about. It's been on my shelf ever since and I can't wait to cuddle up with it once I finish my exams. 

 I'm also saving Paula Hawkins' Into the Water. 

I read The Girl On The Train last summer in a couple of days and so I wanted to save this one for summer too so that I can really get into it. My boyfriend bought this one for me a few weeks ago because he thought I'd enjoy it. I've heard amazing things about it and it's been quite an awaited book for me. Thrillers are probably my second favourite to Fantasy fiction so I think I'm really going to enjoy this one. 

 I'm saving David Mitchell's The Bone Clocks having picked it up in a charity shop back in February.

 Both my English and History teachers have raved about this one to me. It had been on my list for a while so when I saw it in perfect condition in a charity shop I just had to grab it. It hasn't really jumped out at me to read though. I found Cloud Atlas really testing when I read that last summer so I'm a bit skeptical about this one. I've heard really good things about it and my History teacher told me to read it once exams are over so I'm looking forward to giving it a go very soon!

 Now for those of you who don't know, I love Alice in Wonderland. So when I received Alice by Christina Henry for Christmas, I knew I just had to save it for Summer so I could enjoy it fully. I also bought the sequel, Red Queen with a gift card after Christmas and I am looking forward to delving into them both. I love a good retelling of a classic and I can already tell I'm really going to love these. 

 I have also promised myself that I will reread The Night Circus this summer. As soon as I finished it, I was desperate to read it again. I cannot explain the feeling of magic when you read this book, it's everything I've ever wanted in a book. I know it's one I will read again and again but this Summer I want to reread it and appreciate every page.

 Lastly, I have saved Agatha Christie's Crooked House. 

I read my first Agatha Christie before Christmas and I loved it so much. I really want to read more of her books but being without a job at the minute has meant that everything I want to read is currently trapped on a list in the back of my blogging notebook. So I saved this one for the summer in the hope that once I finish it, I'll be in the position to buy myself more soon. Let me know what your favourite Agatha Christies are so that I can add them to my list!

I'll definitely be reading more books that this over the summer so make sure to follow me on Instagram, ChloeHanks23, to keep up with what I'm reading! I hope this inspires you to put together a great reading list for the summer! Thanks for reading, I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment