Sunday 12 February 2017

Winter Favourites

When deciding what I wanted to write about this week, I realised I had probably missed the window for posting a January Favourites. Also, the few products I have that I'd like to share have been favourites for much longer than a month, in fact, a few of these have probably featured in favourites before. Never the less, there are so many products I want to talk about. I've avoiding including anything I have talked about recently so there are a few books and beauty items missing. Thus, I have decided to do a more general Winter favourites for you today rather than a January favourites. I love watching favourites videos and reading about what people love using, I hope you do too! 

 The first on my list is a hair product. I have always tried to take pride in my hair. I invest a fair bit into keeping my hair healthy and strong. This has involved some big hair cuts over the last couple of years so I'm always on the lookout for products that will help me keep my hair healthy without having to keep cutting loads off! I picked this up in Boots one day without really thinking about it. I'd ran out of my old oil which I can't buy from regular drugstores; after trying this, I won't be going back to my old one! This is a conditioning oil by Aussie (my favourite hair brand) called the 3 Miracle Oil. It's a leave in oil designed to repair damaged hair. I wouldn't describe my hair as damaged because all of the colour damage has been cut out now. However, I like to use this to act as a deterrent to any of the things that could damage my hair, eg. heat, sunlight etc. Whilst I steer away from using anything that could damage my hair, every day life can be testing on fine hair like mine so every little helps. This oil is amazing. It smells so lovely and it has such a perfect consistency. I used to use Moroccan oil a lot but it can be quite thick and sometimes too much for my thin hair. This product is clear and much less viscous leaving such a lovely finish. My hair looks shinier if I use this, it combs more easily and smoothly and feels so much stronger. I would recommend this to anyone looking to breathe some life back into their hair! It's also perfect for anyone on a budget who can't afford the price of the Moroccan oil range. 

 Next up is the Palmers Cocobutter daily skin therapy. This is a really rich moisturiser. It comes out really thick and creamy and it smells divine. I always use this after shaving my legs and coherently throughout the week and I just love the way it makes my skin feel. My skin is soft, smooth and shiny. The hydration payoff is amazing. I love using body butters but I often find they can take so long to dry; this is fairly quick to dry considering the thickness of it. The whole range is wonderful. Throughout the summer I was using their tanning moisturiser almost daily and I am also loving the hand cream. They are really affordable products and so worth the price! I love it all so much and I love smelling like chocolate! 

 My third favourite is the Pil'Aten black suction mask. I use this weekly and my skin has never felt cleaner. I'm sure everyone is familiar with the videos going around social media of these amazing black face masks that remove every blackhead. This is a similar deal; however, you have to have realistic expectations. A lot of people leave bad reviews of these masks because, lets face it, they don't really have the results that the video suggest. I don't think it's possible for a mask to do what the video suggests. I have to say, the first time I used this I was a little disappointed. It didn't seem to remove any blackheads at all. I have used it weekly regardless and, with time, I'm seeing much better results. I find the longer the mask is left on, the more evidence you see of it working. Moreover, I like to apply a second layer after the first dries which also seems to make it work better. Overall, for the price of this product (around £4-5) it works really well. My skin feels so clean after I use it and my skin has been clearer than it has ever been since using this. I do use it in conjunction with other products as a part of my skin care routine; however, the results are clear to me and I would advise anyone trying these masks to just persevere and figure out what method works best with your skin before judging the product. 

 Before I move on to makeup, I want to share my last general beauty favourite. It's Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck fragrance. I wore this religiously when I was 14-16. It's a beautiful scent. Everyone always compliments me when I wear it. I ran out ages ago and didn't get around to replacing it but I got this miniature bottle for Christmas. It's a really lovely, floral smell and the bottle is so cute! I think this has been a favourite of mine for many years but I've been wearing it a lot in the last couple of months!

 Moving on to makeup, this mascara is another product that I picked up without really thinking about it and it has honestly changed my life. It's the Rimmel Volume Colourist mascara. I always hated my eyelashes. I'm still not the best at curling eyelashes or applying mascara and I struggle to make my lashes any more noticeable. This product is the first mascara I have used, since trying an abundance of higher end products and Zoella recommended products, to actually do something to my eyelashes. I just love it. My eyelashes are showing up in pictures, they stay curled for much longer. I do notice that this product can flake off a lot throughout the day but I don't really mind when it does such a good job! 

 My last favourite is a brand that I have only found in Superdrug so far. I was trying to save money on makeup; so, when I discovered this brand I fell head over heels. They make some really amazing products for really low prices. I absolutely adore this foundation. It's the MUA Skin Define Hydro foundation. 1 bottle costs £4. I love this because it's water based and it has worked wonders for my skin. I had a horrible breakout over the summer and my whole face went so dry and flaky that I often couldn't wear any makeup. When I found this, I was sold. Not only because of the price but because it is so kind to your skin as you're wearing it. It keeps my skin moisturised and has surprisingly good coverage considering the price. The MUA brand is fantastic. I'm also loving their concealer and their liquid lipsticks. Budget makeup isn't always cheap. 

 That brings us to the end of my Winter Favourites. Let me know what you've been loving and what you think of these products if you've tried them! I'll see you next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment