Monday 4 January 2016

What I Got For Christmas 2015

I should begin this post by saying Happy New Year to all of my readers and I hope you all had wonderful Christmases. Of course, it's not about the gifts and it's not about receiving and I feel like I need to acknowledge that this is undoubtedly going to be a controversial post simply because a lot of people may see this as me showing off. I want to make it very clear that I am in no way trying to show off. For the many of you that follow several bloggers/vloggers, you will know that this is a very common video/blog that people make to say thank you and to appreciate the things we have been given and how lucky we are. If you're not as familiar with the idea of this and depict this as me showing off, feel free to click elsewhere and read a different post. 



I mainly asked for books this Christmas because I've been struggling with keeping up my reading schedule which is a very bad thing for me due to the fact that I need to read as much as I can to perform well in my A Level courses. As a result of this, I needed to select books that I wouldn't usually select for myself. A few of the books I got were recommendations from various people, I then put these titles into Amazon and also wrote down randomly titles of other books that were recommended by Amazon based on my searches. The two shown in the picture are Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and Grief Is The Thing With Feathers by Max Porter. I am in the middle of Gone Girl right now and I'm absolutely loving it! 

 Another thing I was really excited about trying was the adult colouring books. I have always loved colouring and I find it really therapeutic and a great way of relieving stress and so the idea of getting adult colouring books and having it be socially acceptable for me to admit I love colouring seemed like a good idea! The one shown in the picture is butterfly and blossoms themed and I also got a Harry Potter themed one from my younger sister and an Enchanted Forest book as well as colouring pencils. 

 Aside from books, I asked for the Breville Blend Active blender with a built in cup (basically a much cheaper version of the nutri-bullet) which I'm so excited to use. I struggle with eating enough fruit and so by buying frozen fruit and yogurt to make smoothies, I can hopefully make sure I get enough fruit in my body which will hopefully make me and my skin feel a lot better. 

 My main present I absolutely love and have worn so much already. The picture doesn't show it very clearly because it is so small but it's the Libra model of Anna Saccone's Zodiac necklace range. It is made from silver and plated in 18 karrat rose gold and it's absolutely stunning. I've received so many compliments about it. It's a perfect, simple yet personal piece especially for people who are really into zodiac signs. 

 If you follow me on instagram, you'll understand the next couple of presents I received. I got Roller Lash mascara by Benefit and Better Than Sex by Too Faced because I have really short eyelashes that struggle to hold curl. They never show up in pictures and it's so annoying and so I've really wanted to try these two mascaras because they get great reviews. I've been quite impressed with both of them and so I'll do reviews on them both very soon! Secondly, my other sister brought me this awesome body suit that reads 'I'm cooler on instagram.' I absolutely love instagram and so I can't wait to wear this. 

 My best friend brought me some really cute presents. The one I've used the most is the Starbucks travel cup. I am a little bit addicted to flavoured lattes and I drink them all the time, it comes in handy to have travel mugs so that I can take coffee with me to college and work etc. The starbucks ones are great because you can take them in store and they'll put your order in your cup and it's a little bit cheaper. 

 Again, I hope you all had lovely Christmases. If you were wondering where my lightbox is from, click here to find one! They're awesome for doing flatlays for instagram or blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment