Sunday 15 October 2017

I Changed My Hair... Again

I have been growing my hair then cutting and it and growing it again for about 3 years now. I love the idea of having long, gorgeous hair that everyone would be jealous off but the reality is, it just doesn't look good on me. 

 I've recently just grown to hate it and I found myself wearing my hair in a ponytail most of the time simply because it kept it all out of my face.

 It's been 2 and a half years since I had my first dramatic hair cut since childhood. Recently I've been thinking about it and how both times I've cut my hair short, I've loved it. And also how every time I have it long, I end up hating it. 

 I have been at my most confident when I've felt good about my hair. 
 I have felt the best about my hair when it is short and blonde. 

 Short hair is easy to style, there's a lot you can do with it and it takes very little maintaining. So I made up my mind, I was going to chop it all off again. 

 Having recently moved to Worcester for University, I looked for a new, local place to try out. My first stop was Tony & Guys but I couldn't get an appointment there within the next month for love nor money. I couldn't seem to get in contact with other hair salons without phoning, (I have a weird phobia of talking on the phone. Don't judge me, I'm working on it just not right now,) so I was kind of despairing on what to do. 

 Last Sunday I had a moment that affected my week dramatically and to deal with it, I knew I needed to cut my hair. It was all I could think about, every time I got upset I was just like, 'I need someone to cut my hair!' 

 I said to one of my flatmates at one point, "If someone doesn't cut my hair soon, I'm going to do it myself." 

 Scared I'd ruin what little good hair I had, I decided the only think left to do would be to get in touch with where I used to work which I could get to by train. 

 So, one last minute appointment and a 50 minute train ride later, I found myself back where I used to call home ready to leave a whole new woman. 

 The whole round trip took me about 6 hours but it was so worth it. 

I now have short blonde hair again and I'm SO happy about it! I want to try and style it either curly or wavy each day and just play around with it while it's short. I also am planning to maintain the length and have it cut more regularly which is where I have failed every time I've done this before. 

 I didn't go too blonde, I wanted the change to be gradual and I can add more blonde at a later date if I fancy it. More than anything I just wanted to look and feel different. It's always such a weight lifted when you change your style. 


after
 I hope to share more posts about what I do with my new style very soon, see you next week! 
before


No comments:

Post a Comment